Communications & Operations Officer
Reports to: NALA CEO
Terms: Full time for 6 months (maternity leave cover) with possibility of extension
Location: Tel Aviv with potential international travel
NALA is an internationally recognized technical expert in the fight to eliminate neglected tropical diseases (NTDs). NTDs impact more than 1.5 billion people worldwide, disproportionately affecting rural and high-poverty populations with the least access to clean water and sanitation. These diseases include intestinal parasites and blinding trachoma, which can cause cognitive impairment and long-term disability. Additionally, NTDs can make it difficult for people to go to school or care for a family, thus further trapping the poor in a cycle of disease and poverty.
NALA’s innovative and community-based solutions have led to a sustainable reduction in the prevalence of NTDs in project areas. Our model complements drug administration campaigns with a focus on promoting healthy behavior change, strengthening the capacity of the local community to improve public health, and increasing their access to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). Recently, NALA has also provided support to the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) in promoting inter-sectoral coordination between the WASH and health sectors at the federal, regional, and local levels.
About the Position
This position is full-time for 6 months as a maternity leave replacement for a NALA employee, with the possibility of extension beyond the stated term. The selected candidate will join the NALA team at our headquarters in Tel Aviv and also support our country team in Ethiopia. He/she will support program operations, including follow up on progress, budgeting, and routine reporting to donors and stakeholders related to our projects. He/she will also play a central role in implementing a communications strategy that increases NALA’s visibility and reach via online platforms and through the creation of reports and publications.
1. Follow up and maintain the NALA monthly operational forum and all action items stemming from operational forum meetings.
2. Ensure reports are submitted on time and to all NALA stakeholders.
3. Manage online presence of NALA across platforms and professional databases, with the goal of increasing NALA’s visibility and reach.
4. Design, edit, and curate content for marketing and fundraising purposes that highlights NALA’s impact to partners, media, and the public.
5. Support the NALA Ethiopia Country Director and serve as a liaison between the Country Director and the NALA HQ team as necessary.
1. Excellent organizational skills- Ability to multitask and work on several projects simultaneously; Extremely organized and structured.
2. Good interpersonal skills- Ability to interact smoothly with external stakeholders and staff from different countries; Problem solver.
3. Strong work ethic- Self-motivated and can work independently and adapt well to changing priorities and duties.
4. Language- Extremely strong English speaking, writing, and editing skills. Hebrew and Amharic are advantages.
1. Project management or operational experience in the nonprofit sector.
2. Experience in creating and managing marketing material and content for social media, newsletters, and other platforms.
3. University degree, preferably in a relevant subject, such as communications or public health.
4. Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, Mailchimp, Wix, Salesforce. Experience with graphic design is an advantage.
5. Previous work in international development in the Global South, especially in Ethiopia, is an advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CVs and names of 3 potential references to email@example.com by June 25, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an exam and an interview.